Stargazing Around the World: A Tour of the Night Sky
Remember Dark Skies: A Practical Guide to Astrotourism? Retitled and updated in a second edition, Stargazing Around the World: A Tour of the Night Sky is an even better guide to help you discover the wonders of the night sky from some of the best places to see it here on earth.
Embark on an adventure to see the stars with this inspiring guide that spotlights the world’s best places to explore the night sky. Discover 100 spectacular sites including dark sky parks, observatories, and wild mountains, and experience the meditative wonder of stargazing – with essential travel tips so you can have the ultimate starry-eyed trip.
See shooting stars soar through the cosmos from the Brecon Beacons in Wales; or visit the Grand Canyon National Park for its mesmerizing views of the glittering night sky. Featuring an introduction to stargazing, in-depth profiles of dark sky sites, calendars of meteor showers and eclipses, and a further collection of must-visit locations to watch space phenomena, this fascinating book is perfect for those interested in astronomy, astrology, and the amazing world around us.
Read more about how Valerie wrote the book here.
Here’s a peek at what you’ll find inside Stargazing Around the World: A Tour of the Night Sky:
– A comprehensive collection of the best stargazing sites around the world offering unforgettable views and scenery
– Practical information and essential travel tips on how and when to visit for the greatest night sky tours
– Stunning astrophotography within the internal pages of the book
– Written by Valerie Stimac, an expert author on astrotourism
– Contents include an introduction to stargazing; dark sky sites around the world; observatories open to the public; where and when to see meteor showers, auroras, and eclipses; and more
– Key destinations featured include Mont-Mégantic (Canada); Parque Nacional Torres del Paine (Chile); McDonald Observatory (USA); NASA Jet Propulsion Lab (USA); Grand Canyon (USA); Uluru (Australia); Warrumbungle National Park (Australia); Aoraki Mackenzie Dark Sky National Park (New Zealand), Aotea (Great Barrier Island); Yeonyang (South Korea); Iromote-Ishigaki (Japan); Eifel National Park (Germany); Teide Observatory (Spain); Royal Observatory (UK); Northumberland International Dark Sky Park (UK); Lauwersmeer National Park (The Netherlands) and many more!
Bursting with unique travel inspiration, readers will find profound and mindful stargazing expeditions within this epic guide. Whether you wish to view our galaxy’s constellations from the summit of a mountain or the comfort of a cosy armchair, this beautiful book will take you there.