Experience an otherworldly sight: the Milky Way rising above the desert landscape dotted with bizarre Joshua Trees.
In the summer of 2019, join fellow Space Tourism Guide community members and founder Valerie Stimac for a weekend trip to Joshua Tree National Park in California.
These are “community trips” rather than our standard guided trip offering. The price for this tour will be the cost per person with no additional fees; price is dependent on the number of community members who attend each trip. No more than six community members can join each trip.
The tentative dates for the Joshua Tree trips in the summer of 2019:
- Friday, June 14 to Sunday, June 16
- Friday, August 16 to Sunday, August 18
Joshua Tree community trips will start in Los Angeles, California.
Planned activities include:
- Daytime sightseeing in Joshua Tree National Park and the surrounding region
- Two stargazing/astrophotography sessions* in Joshua Tree National Park
- One early morning photography session in Joshua Tree National Park
- A visit to Sky’s the Limit Observatory to view through the telescope(s)
- Other activities agreed upon by the group!
*Please note that as this is a community trip, no formal photography training will be given during the trip. In advance, you’ll be provided with resources on astrophotography and stargazing, and general tips will be given during each session.