Jobs with STG
Space Tourism Guide is a ‘bootstrapped’ business started in 2017 by Valerie Stimac and her partner, Jacob Whitish. STG works with freelance writers, designers, and content creators to inspire and educate about space tourism.
In 2019, we are looking to grow our team. If you’re interested in joining, please email using the info on each job posting.
✏️ Freelance Writers
Content here on STG is created partly by our internal team and partly by freelance writers. We aim to pay market rates for compelling, SEO-optimized content that answers reader queries and helps more people make time for space.
Here’s a sample of stories that have been written by freelance writers in the past:
- Planning a Stargazing Trip in Virginia’s Blue Ridge Mountains
- Viewing the Southern Lights in New Zealand: All You Need to Know
- How to Go Stargazing in Bryce Canyon National Park
If you are interested, email us with “Writer” in the subject line. Please include 2-3 clips that demonstrate your work or a link to your portfolio.
? Podcasting Partner
Are you interested in starting a podcast? Do you love space? In our 2018 reader survey, STG community members were clear: they want an STG podcast! Get in touch and we’ll discuss the ideas we have and how you might be able to get involved.
- Podcasting experience or a strong love of podcasts – you must be the kind of person who listens to this content medium and understands what makes a great podcast
- 1-2 years of content creation experience – if you run your own blog or something similar, this counts
- Enthusiasm to try a new idea and learn from what works – STG currently runs mostly on passion and dedication, and this project will be the same for the first few months
Email us with “Podcaster” in the subject line and a short email about your experience and ideas.null